Help us to get 10,000 Fans! Click 'Like' or 'Send'
Buying, Selling & Storage Tips
So we all know that Beanie Kids are really cute but did you know they are also a great item to collect! There are lots of people who buy Beanie Kids to collect as an investment to sell later on down the track. Super rare Beanie Kids can sell for hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the secondary market providing you look after them correctly.
The Beanie Master is always getting emails from fans asking what is the best way to look after Beanie Kids, so we thought we would share some tips with you.
- We do not recommend that you wash your Beanie Kids.
- If your BK gets dirty, you might like to wipe it with a damp cloth but depending on the fabrics the mark could become worse.
- If you are going to wash your Beanie Kids there are no guarantees that they will come out of the washing machine the same as when they were put in! Also you will need to remove the swing tags prior to washing otherwise they will be destroyed.
- Swing tags can be reattached with a Kimble Gun - these are available for purchase from fabric and haberdashery stores.
- In order to keep your BK's in mint condition, you will need to store them as safely as possible.
- We suggest storing your BK's in an air tight plastic tub away from direct sunlight or extreme heat.
- It is best to avoid storing your BK's in cold, damp places or in plastic as you don't want them to go mouldy!
- There are a few options when it comes to selling your BK's. You might like to sell them to a friend, sell them to a store that resells BK's or put them on EBay or other auction sites.
- It is hard to tell what your BK's are worth as this really depends on what a fellow collector is willing to pay for them.
- You can get some rough pricing guides from the retired BK price list at the Beanie Kids Exchange or http://www.idreamofbeanies.com.au/ or you might find a BK the same as yours selling on www.ebay.com.au - if you do want to check out these sites, please ask Mum or Dad first.
Swing Tag Protectors
Don't forget swing tag protectors are the best way to protect BK tags for your own collection or if you want to sell your BK's in the future. The tag protectors are available from your favourite Beanie Kids Premier Stockist, so why not grab a pack next time you are in store!
Sign-in to Fan Club
The Beanie Island 5 day weather forecast
Sun: Fairy Floss Clouds
Mon: Princess Sparkles
Thu: Mermaid Splashes
- Peace the Bear
- Rani the Bollywood Bear
- Quasar the Alien Bear